The boot option has been completely revamped in Windows 8, therefore the way how to get into the safe mode also has changed. It’s easier, has more options, and gets no more fighting with the boot time to get the right moment pressing the F8 key.
Here is a quick instruction showing you how:
First, boot to the Advanced Boot Options. Not sure how? Here are 3 way of doing so.
Then, once in the boot options, go to Troubleshoot.
Then, Advanced options.
Then, pick Startup Settings.
Click Restart button.
The computer then reboots. Before it goes into the normal Windows 8 system, it displays the Startup Settings instead. You will see 3 Safe Mode options listed there.
- Press F4 to Enable Safe Mode
- Press F5 to Enable Safe Mode with Networking
- Press F6 to Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Once one of the 3 options is chosen, the system continues to reboot and goes into the mode you expected.
Related Articles From Windows7hacker:
- 3 Ways to Fire Up Windows 8 Advanced Boot Options
- Microsoft Layouts Windows 8 Boot Options
- How to Make Windows 7 Default Boot When Dual Boot with Windows 8